We’ve all heard it. Some of us reading this might believe it.
His presence or existence is not touchable nor controllable like other matters we can see around us and examine.
Many may say mathematical hypotheses may be proven but those proofs are always going out from some points everybody seems to accept to be right, but who ever can say or be sure they are right. Lots of scientist matters of which people thought they were right have been proven not to be right in later years.
Unlike human inventions, nature has always evolved without man able to control it. Often man thinks him to be superior to nature and able to handle it but he is mistaken.
Prof John Lennox (professor of mathematics at the University of Oxford and Fellow in the Philosophy of Science at Oxford University’s Green Templeton College.) shows us the flaws in the statement.To demand a kind of 1+1 = 2 kind of proof for God, is to demand a level of proof that we do not demand for anything else outwith the context of mathematics.
‘proof’ in informal sense = ‘prove beyond reasonable doubt’ = ‘give evidence for’, => can’t do it in sense of mathematics,
Atheism is not proof based whilst Christianity is faith based => both worldviews rest upon certain presuppositions.
Atheist his own worldview = also faith based
- problem not with lack of adequate proof, but with lack of adequate characterization => coherent + consistent definition is needed.
- ‘prove beyond reasonable doubt’, = ‘give evidence for’>
- definitions, by their definition, are functional.
“Can you prove that empirically?” 1) It can’t be done. 2) It highlights the fact that both the atheist and the theist begin with propositions.
if one seeks to infer from evidence, one must infer to something which demonstrates some coherence, to the extent that one may say, “A stands in relation to B such that if A and B then we may expect to find C.”
Looking for answers on the question Is there a God #1 Many gods
Further related articles
- God? Very Probably – Part II
- a proof of existinse from the lack of extra.
- Apologetics 101 – Pride and Prejudice – The Demand for Evidence For God
- Is “Fine Tuning” Actually Required for Proving the Existence of God?
- There is no Evidence that God Exists
- How It Works: God
- Lecture: Islamic Spirituality – The Searching for Meaning
- ‘God: The Only Rational Explanation’ (Lecture at the University of Surrey)
- Powerlessness vs. Ultimate Power: Why God is truly omnipotent and why we need to change our way of thinking on power
- “Are Humans Born to Believe in God?” My talk at the Abrahamic Foundation
- The Quran’s refutation of Atheism in 21 words
- Faith: An Exercise In Futility
- God Exists and He Is Good
- The Things God couldn’t do