It is mostly on Christian and atheist websites that we find debates on the matter of there being or not being a god or having The God.
When Christians are asked to proof the existence of God many of them point to the books written about Jesus, but than they forget that this was a man who live only some 2000 years ago. We really can see many books written about this special man, but the proofs that he existed do not make a proof for the existence of the Creator God.
Lots of Christians claim that direct evidence is an eyewitness who can describe an event in accordance to what he or she witnessed and as such is making a proof, but than keep forgetting it can only proof the existence of that man Jesus having existed and not giving a proof of the existence of some one who existed long before him and who had given His Word to several people who lived long before this Jewish master teacher came to live.
In my previous writing I pointed out that nobody ever managed to give any direct evidence. Though many have a valid point in directing to the many things we can become aware and see around us. All those experiences we can feel and awarenesses which come over us allow us to give enough opportunities to examine the attributes of such special Thing or Being we may call God. But when we are serious about it those experiences can only give us an impression that this Being only can be immaterial, spaceless, timeless, so that It/He or She can appear at more than one place at once and can make things to happen wherever and whenever.
Having such an immaterial Being shall make it very difficult to examine it using scientific methods. Worse, when we are created by That Supreme Being, we are made in such a way that He would be sure us not overtaking Him or It and all are capabilities of thinking are then given by Him/Her or It so that all scientific thinking can only come from our knowledge He/She or It has given and allows us to detect or to discover.
Many Christians keep pointing to the eyewitnesses of Jesus the world has, but forget once again that it was a man of flesh and blood who according to the stories we have, died. Several Christians say he claimed to be God, but throughout history we have had many who made such claims. Many of us where also alive to see the Korean religious leader Mr. Moon who also claimed to be Jesus and as such also to be god. Many people worship him as a god like also many worshipped a few years ago Elvis Presley as their god and even build churches for him. But does that proof that Elvis Presley, George Clooney and all those others who are called god, like the American singer Britney Spears, are really the God?
For sure we can see that they are alive and well kicking. Some of them like Muhammad Ali may have an enormous force, but does that make them really to be the God? So having those gods like angels, Adonis, Asherah, Astarte, Baal, Berith, Dagon, El, Gad, Moloch, Yahweh [the national god of the Iron Age kingdoms of Israel (Samaria) and Judah], Anshar (Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian primordial deity), Ashur, Apis, Egyptian gods like Ra, Set, Thoth, Tammuz, Sol, Moses, Pharaoh, Roman gods like Neptune, Apollo and many hundreds mentioned in the Holy Scriptures we can find also thousands of gods in the different cultures who lived on this globe. As such we may find a creator god with the name Gukumatz or Q’uq’umatz by the Maya people, whilst the Romans had their creator god and god of the sky, thunderstorms, lightning, weather and air being also the god of law, order, justice, governance and strength, Jupiter. Though those Romans also had Janus as their god of beginnings, endings, transition, doorways and keys. Several Christians took Jesus as their Janus, making him also the god of the doorways and keys.
In the past many worshipped Bacab, the old god of the interior of the earth and of thunder, sky-carrier, fourfold. The Greeks had their King of the gods, ruler of Mount Olympus, and god of the sky, weather, thunder, lightning, law, order, and justice. He being Zeus, the youngest son of Cronus (the leader and youngest of the first generation of Titans) and Rhea. Having such a son of a god several Christians in the 4th century also wanted to see their master teacher to be the son of a god like Zeus was and even where willing to change his name from Jeshua into Issou (Hail Zeus) or Jesus, in honour of the Greek upper-god Zeus.
The primal Greek god personifying the sky was Uranus or the Aion-Uranus who was not limited by time (like Cronus or Chronos was). According to mythology and writings of the Hellenistic and later periods that god was the Father Sky and at the same time the son and husband of Gaia, Mother Earth. According to Hesiod‘s Theogony, Uranus was conceived by Gaia alone, but other sources cite Aether as his father. to have the same similarity in their religion many so called Christians took Miriam as Mary also to be the mother of their god Jesus.
Uranus being the offspring of Gaia, the earth goddess, means that they as many others considered the first god to be a goddess, a female being having created this earth.
The Paleolithic period extending from 2.5 million years ago to the introduction of agriculture around 10,000 BCE has left us material which gives us to understand they had also several goddesses.Also numerous female figurines from Neolithic Çatalhöyük in Anatolia have been interpreted as evidence of a mother-goddess cult, c.7500 BCE. There may have been a “Great goddess”, who headed the pantheon of an essentially matriarchal culture.
Though in several cultures the god of the harvest was a secondary god in other cultures the people were aware there could be no life without the seeds being able to produce and as such had the god of those material things which could produce new material things as food, had to be the major god. Demeter, daughter of the deities Cronus and Rhea, sister and consort of Zeus (the king of the gods), and goddess of agriculture, is often described simply as the goddess of the harvest, her presiding also over the sacred law, and the cycle of life and death. She and her daughter Persephone were the central figures of the Eleusinian Mysteries that predated the Olympian pantheon. In Roman religion we also find such a goddess of the growth of food plants, who was worshipped either alone or in association with the earth goddess Tellus. This goddess with the name Ceres had equivalents in lots of cultures worldwide.
Several scholars have tried to discern the original nature of the gods by proposing etymologies for these words, but none of these suggestions has gained acceptance, and the terms’ origin remains obscure.
The Egyptians distinguished nṯrw, “gods”, from rmṯ, “people”, but the meanings of the Egyptian and the English terms do not match perfectly. The term nṯr may have applied to any being that was in some way outside the sphere of everyday life.
From many old stones, parchments, papyrus rolls and ancient writings duplicated in manuscripts we do know that those people are beings which had a higher position were called god and that not every time when the word ‘god’ occurred there was meant to be spoken about a deity and even in most cases was not meant to be directing to the higher gods or even to the Most High God, the Divine Creator God.
2nd question: What or where is the beginning
3rd question: Does there exist a Divine Creator
Dutch version /Nederlandstalige versie: Op zoek naar antwoorden op de vraag Is er een God # 1 Veel goden
- Between Alpha and Omega – The plan of creation
- Creation Creator and Creation
- Other stories about the beginning of times
- Different principle about the origin and beginning of everything
- Of old and new ideas to sustain power and to feel good by loving to be connected and worship something
- Engagement in an actual two-way conversation with your deities
- People Seeking for God 6 Strategy
- People Seeking for God 7 The Lord and lords
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 1
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 2
- Souls and Religions with Nirvana and light
- Deuteronomy 4- Is God in Close Proximity?
- Religions and Mainliners
- Ideas about Religiosity
- A voice cries out: context
- A God between many gods
- Only One God
- Attributes to God
- Bible sayings about God
- Glory of only One God Who gives His Word
- God is one
- Pluralis Majestatis in the Holy Scriptures
- I Will Cause Your Name To Be Remembered
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name (Video)
- Use of /Gebruik van Jehovah or/of Yahweh in Bible Translations/Bijbel vertalingen
- A Triple God or simply a rather simple One God
- History of the acceptance of a three-in-one God
- Altered to fit a Trinity
- God of gods (by Belgian Christadelphians)
- God of gods (Relating to God)
- Almighty God above all other gods greater than all gods
- God Our Refuge
- Marriage of Jesus 8 Wife of Yahweh
- The wrong hero
- Reflect on how much idolizing happens
- Idolatry or idol worship
- The Right One to follow and to worship
- Not true or True Catholicism and True Islam
- Hello America and atheists
- Science Series: Finely Tuned Cosmos
- The Irrationality of Relying on Science Alone: God and Science Are Not At War
- Quest for God 2
- Does God Exist? (John Guyton)
- Does God Exist? (crain207.wordpress.com)
- How do we know God exists?
- Change Happens. Does that Mean God Exists?
- Can Atheists Know That God Does Not Exist? by Garland M. Robinson
- “Prove God Exists!”
- The Laws Of Thermodynamics Show Us That God Exists
- Addressing the God Paradoxes
- Does God Exist? The Moral Argument, Part 1
- Convince Me There’s A God – Archaeology 32
- The Alpha and The Omega
- Simple Wisdom – Wednesday
- Convince Me There’s A God – Archaeology 34
- James Randi – Skeptic, debunker of the paranormal
- How is that God? Objections and Responses to the Argument From Change
- Who is God?
- The Kalam Cosmological Argument
- Magic in islam
- Steve Fuller on Proofs for God’s Existence: An Interview, Eugene Loginov
- Anselm and the Argument for God: Crash Course Philosophy #9
- Aquinas and the Cosmological Arguments: Crash Course Philosophy #10
- Does God Exist? Summary Video
- Thoughts on the Ontological Argument
- Ontological Argument Video
- What is God Like?: Crash Course Philosophy #12
- A Reading Plan for Christian Apologists – Part 1.1
- A Reading Plan For Christian Apologists – Part 2
- Unmoved Mover vs. Creator
- In Defense of The Third Premise
- Counter-Critiquing the Moral Argument for God
- God is a Special Case: Affirmative Part 2
- The Disclosure and Hiddenness of God
- When our subconscious mind also works in the foreground
- A Scientist Who Is “Convicted”
- Why Catholic? – A Somewhat Bizarre Intro
- How Can You Be So Sure?
- The world is crowded with Him
- You won’t come back empty !
- Book Review: Teaching Others To Defend Christianity
- Stalling Out
- Why Did God Create Anything At All? Part 2: The Problem of Non-God Objects
- Nothing Happens When I Pray
- No Blind Leaps
- Heart Of The Matter
- God Revealed (poem)
- The Power of Real Belief
- Book Review: The Atheist Who Didn’t Exist
- What the bible teaches about God
- The Names of God
- Exodus 7:1 – “a god” or “God”? (topic)
- The Divine Name
- The Divine Name: Spoken by Jesus and early Christians
- Trinity And Pagan Influence
- Trinity: A False Doctrine of a False Church
- Re: Questions for those who believe in the Trinity
- The God to Whom I Pray
- To the God I pray, & Intercessions for all men
- Ahnsahnghong’s teachings – Elohim of plural form means God’s Omnipotence and Majesty? [WMSCOG]
- If the Father is the “only true God” (John 17:3) , does that mean that Jesus is a false god?
- So that’s what that means?!
- Is God Self Centered?
- The Myths of Ancient Egypt
- Egyptian Deities
- Egyptian Gods Coloring Book
- Aker, “Bender”
- Amentet, “She of the West”
- ‘Ares’ Felicity Heaton
- Ammit, “Devourer of the Dead”
- Amun, “the Hidden One”
- Day 12, places of Set
- Everything to Everyone
- Psyche Unbound by Zenobia Neil
- The Great Feminine Consciousness
- Gods of Karthus
- The shadow of God, the Death of Man: An investigation into the Kings of the Ancient Near East.
- Hermes Trismegistus
- Start the day well and it will end well
- An offering made Kemetic style
- Ancient Vedic Aliens
- The Norse gods: all too human
- A prayer to Tyr
- Celtic Gods and Goddesses
- God of the Month: Tiberinus and the Seven Hills
- A Jeh #Blessing 160 dead Bible Church Collapse
- God’s Nature is Holy
- God’s Name is Holy
26 thoughts on “Looking for answers on the question Is there a God #1 Many gods”