If there is life where did it originate?
We notice that we exist, but where does our life come from and what does it actually mean?
Some speak of a 5000 million years of history, but how can we have confidence that their statements are scientifically justified and correct? There are several theories about the origins, which man tries to explain how the sun and the earth were created. There are those who talk about “the big bang” according to many scientists as a 13.8 billion years ago gave rise to our universe.
But what was there before the Big Bang? What was there before there were stars and planets emerged? And where did those planets and the various creatures or elements arise from and when?
For centuries, people are looking for answers to such questions. And to find the answers they naturally look upwards. To the stars and beyond. For example, with very large telescopes.
Others believe rather that what is described in all ancient scriptures to be taken as the truth. They think that an Omnipotent Supreme Being is responsible. That Eternally Existent Being would have spoken everything into existence. His Breath would have been the matter of life.
What do you think?
How do you look at the beginning of everything?
Dutch version: 2de vraag: Wat of waar is het begin
- What is life?
- Words in the world
- Science, 2013 word of the year, and Scepticism
- Science, scepticism, doubts and beliefs
- Are Science and the Bible Compatible?
- Science and Religion Harmonized (Once and For All…)
- Facilitations of science and loss of peace of mind
- Coming to understanding from sayings written long ago
- Why think there’s a God? (1): Something from Nothing
- Why think there is a God? (2) Goldilocks Effect
- Challenging claim 1 Whose word
- The truth is very plain to see and God can be clearly seen
- The very very beginning 1 Creating Gods
- Creator and Blogger God 1 Emptiness and mouvement
- Creator and Blogger God 7 A Blog of a Book 1 Believing the Blogger
- Creation Creator and Creation
- Genesis Among the Creation Myths
- Something from nothing
- Blackness, nothingness, something, void
- “Before” and “after” the Big Bang
- Accommodation of the Void
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 6 Getting understanding by Word of God 4
- Creation of the earth and man #13 Formation of man #5 Living soul
- Creation of the earth and man #14 Formation of man #6 The Uncreated One, neshemet ruach chayim and nephesh
- Creation of the earth and man #16 Formation of man #8 Dust, flesh, blood,breathing and life
- Creation of the earth and man #21 Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #5 Spiritual and animal body
- An anarchistic reading of the Bible—(1) Approaching the Bible
- An anarchistic reading of the Bible (2)—Creation and what follows
- The very very beginning 2 The Word and words
- Bible containing scientific information
- Other stories about the beginning of times
- Out of the seed of Eve
- Immortality, eternality – onsterfelijkheid, eeuwigheid
- Created to live in relation with God
- Two states of existence before God
- Bring praise to the Creator
- Looking to the East and the West for Truth
- A look at materialism
- We may not be ignorant to get wisdom
- Power in the life of certain
- When you don’t know what to do and hate yourself
- Healthy life can be found in sacred books
- Struggles of life
- The business of this life
- From Winterdarkness into light of Spring
- Being religious has benefits even in this life
- Leaving behind the lives we have touched.
- The Soul not a ghost
- Building up the spirit of the soul
- Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #2 Psyche, the word
- Daily portion of heavenly food
- A Living Faith #8 Change
- A Living Faith #10: Our manner of Life #2
- A person is limited only by the thoughts that he chooses
- Only I can change my life
- Thirst for happiness and meaning
- Be happy that the thorn bush has roses
- Suffering produces perseverance
- Though disabled in the eyes of society able to do great things
- Your purpose explains what you are doing with your life
- 30 things to start doing for yourself – #6 is vital.
- The Antidote for Confusion is..
- A Church without Faith!
- Repentance and conversion are not milestones which we pass on the way of life and never see again
- Old age
- Choose you this day whom ye will serve
- It is a free will choice
- Your life the sum total of all your choices
- My life…
- Life isn’t unfair
- The Cares of Life
- How do you start your day?
- Life and attitude of a Christian
- Monotomy of life
- Denis Wright looking at the world of human beings
- It’s Okay If You Don’t Know…
- The purpose of our life
- Listen when the Universe speaks to you
- It is simple, but it is complicated
- The idea of Religion and Science
- Science Vs Religion
- Can science address the idea of an ultimate creator and religion?
- Science and Religion…a Contradiction?
- big bang theory expiry date!? how much does the “horizon problem” undermine “big bang cosmology”? – 04min
- Stephen C. Meyer: does the Big Bang cosmology disprove the existence of God?
- William Lane Craig debates Alex Rosenberg: Does God Exist? Video, audio and summary
- William Lane Craig lectures on naturalistic alternatives to the Big Bang
- ‘Less Than 1 in 479 Million’: Mathematician Calculates Impossibility of Contriving Creation Account
- Mathematical Cosmology – Math, Physics, Cosmos
- The long war: a history of the conflict between religion and science
- How to falsify a religion using scientific or historical evidence
- Science and Religion Harmonized (Once and For All…)
- God is One, Void is None
- I think God can Explain
- Start at the very beginning
- Genesis or evolution?
- Trying to Fill a Void
- Is Denying Creation Wicked?
- Did God Use Evolution to Make Adam?
- Did Moses Believe in Adam?
- Did Jesus Say When Adam Was Created?
- Let there be light!
- Quote of the Week: Francis A. Schaeffer
- Isaiah 43 – Israel! I Choose You!
- Creations Dawn
- Not An Inference, But Testimony
- Where’s the evidence Mr. Evolutionist?
- The Science-Minded Christian.
- What makes a human being ?
- Learning About the Cosmos From Job
- The Eternal Now That is Not Now
- (Book review) Days? or Ages? The Genesis Question: A Layman Looks at Creation’s Calendar
- Caved in
- Happiness is hidden in a corner of your heart
- 9 Things You Can Do To Become A More Successful You (2 min read)
- made of love
- The Hope of the World
- Article Discussion! Join in on the Conversation!
- Creation. Where the Christmas Story Begins .
- Held Together by God
18 thoughts on “2nd question: What or where is the beginning”
Nobody knows, that’s the bottom line.
So all can only guess?
We can see the universe now and can imagine it once being total chaos. either it was always there or it had to come into being, but then you may wonder how. That total beginning had to have a cause many could say. So what sort of thing could have caused the universe to come into being? If it is something that also had a beginning then we would need to find yet another cause to explain how that came into being. However if it is something that is eternal (i.e. has no beginning) then it does not need a cause. Whatever your explanation for the origins of the universe may be, at some point you need some eternal thing, some uncaused thing, to set everything going. that eternal Thing we would call The Primal Eternal God.
Everything that has a beginning has a cause. And you could say That God was the Cause. He created everything. He was timeless, because time was not a concept when He was already there.
People speaking about a black hole do not have to be wrong. In the Bible we are told about the darkness and the void. When there was a “nothingness” , there was no time indication, because there was nothing to measure it to, and there were no recognisable elements yet because there was nothing structured yet. At the moment we earnestly do not know how it all really was billions of years ago and everything we guess or know today is measured with the knowledge we builded up by the years.
Modern scientific views on cosmology suggest that it may not even be meaningful to speak of a time “before” light because not only light but time itself may have commenced at the start of the universe which is currently estimated as 13.7 billion years ago. Perhaps future generations will have a different concept because, like all areas of science, cosmology will certainly be revised as more is discovered. However any such revision cannot overturn overwhelming evidence that the sun and stars are very much older than 6000 years.
How and when it all began will ever be clear in the future, and is even foretold in the Bible that man will return back to that divine Creator and again will depend entirely on Him, and therefore will have clear knowledge.